Art360 is a Finnish project of fine arts which aims to improve the managerial skills and the business know-how of artists and other actors in the field of fine arts. The participants of the project form a network of cooperation which creates new ways of doing business in fine arts. These ways will advance the use of fine arts in different industries.
Regional participants will put into practice new ways of doing business and will make the achieved know-how and good practices public for everyone to use. The network has a common website www.art360.fi.
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences is the coordinator of the project. Other participants of the project are Artists’ Association of Finland, AV-arkki – the Distribution Centre for Finnish Media Art, Finnish Painters’ Union, Helsinki Artists’ Association, Oulu Artists´ Association and PROTO – The Designers’ Association of Northern Finland, Tampere Artists´ Association and Visual Artists Copyright Society Kuvasto.
The focus for each participant is:
- Satakunta University of Applied Sciences: leading and coordinating the project, cooperation with regional development agencies, e-learning
- Tampere Artists´ Association: cooperation with companies, business know-how, organizing education in business skills for artists
- Oulu Artists Association and PROTO – The Designers’ Association of Northern Finland: turning fine arts services into sellable products, improving the international skills of artists and managers
- Helsinki Artists’ Association: creating an online service (www.art360.fi), instructing artists of the use of the web
- Artists’ Association of Finland: the developing of artists’ web register, creating contract forms
- Visual Artists Coryright Society Kuvasto: digital use of image, copyright
- Finnish Painters’ Union: the developing of procedures of acquiring art, art in urban environment
- AV-arkki – the Distribution Centre for Finnish Media Art: improving the international skills of artists and curators
Art360 project is financed by European Social Fund, Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment of Häme, Northern Satakunta Development Centre Ltd and the cities of Helsinki, Kankaanpää, Oulu, Pori and Tampere.